Tuesday, August 01, 2006

It's funny how the Holy Spirit aligns things/situations to get the job done.

Here's what happened yesterday:

I was rushing to another programme after finishing one at a primary school and I was sitting in a cab with my collegue. During the ride it was pretty silent until I dropped my collegue off at the office before heading down to the Singapore River. I was feeling tired but somehow the Holy Spirit prompted me to share with this cab driver.
In my mind i was thinking " Lord, I'm so tired, I just wanna rest in the cab" but teh Holy Spirit had His own agenda and the door opened when the cab driver started talking to me after I dropped my collegue off.
Guess there is no way to run when the Holy Spirit puts that prompting into your heart.....
Now he was a devout Taoist and we began our discussions about religion and I managed to share a bit but unlike the previous cab driver, this was slightly tougher as he said he couldn't understand how God could be so merciful and that we just need to accept Him and we are heavenbound. The ride soon came to an end and we said our goodbyes but then I came to realise, its God who does the work and not us.
Our role is just to share. We don't need a sermon but a simple testimony would do the trick.

God showed me one end result of taxi evangalism. A cab driver by the name of Joseph shared with me how people preached to him and invited him to church until he accepted the invitation of one of his regular customers.
End result: he is now in City harvest.

Never give up, never give in.
MooOoOOoOOoOOoO

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home