Friday, September 23, 2005

Yuppers...the 2 day concert is finally over and all I can say is THANK YOU JESUS! Man its hard work trying to be the MC, Stage manager and stage hand all at the same time. I thought I was there to MC but more roles were thrust into my lap. I was like running up and down trying to keep the crowd entertained and getting the groups up on stage. It didn't help when some trainers over the classes weren't present.
I had to jump out on stage once to do some impromto entertaining while my boss had to sort out some kids' positioning on the stage cos they didn't know where to stand.
Like one trainer said " The Lord was with me " and I guess she was right as when I jumped out, I had no clue what I'm gonna do but I just did whatever came to mind.

However it was rather sad that some of the teachers didn't see the value of this concert. Some of the comments irk me to the core like " What is the point of this" or "what a waste of time"...I mean common! They are teachers! Don't they see the effort these little ones have put up? They may look simple to adults but not to a 6 year old kid!

Teaching speech and drama in public schools allowed me to have a glimpse of teaching life and trust me it ain't as pretty as the TV ads made it to be. I do have some teacher friends and they are really passionate about it but sadly there are some who are in it just for the money. They have no real patience for kids at all.

Well this is my rant! Tommorrow is the followup to the King david musical and the puppets will be back to tell another story. I will be back with my "Mommy" aka Joyce Ling. I will have to bang out the script later on so looks like a long night for me.
MooOOoOoOooOoooooo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home